Tonight, I am leaving on a jet plane.
(Don’t worry, I checked, that’s factual.)
(In case you were concerned song lyrics might incorrectly identify the type of plane on which I shall be departing.)
(Or maybe that was just me.)
My mom’s headed to South Africa for work and I’m tagging along because I’m far too poor and too cheap to ever spend the night in a fancy foreign hotel without her.
Hopefully, I’ll survive said trip and be able to use said fancy hotel’s internet access to share visuals with all of you.
(I’m definitely going to make sure to share as many photos as possible on Instagram.)
That’s only one of my hopes for this trip – others include:
- Not be murdered in-flight by an international serial killer.
- (Though if I’m going to be murdered, I suppose it would be best to have an exotic flair to it.)
- See penguins.
- (Did you guys know there are penguins in South Africa?)
- (Apparently, there are, and if I don’t get a photo of myself doing an #ExcitedFace waddle in front of a few, my trip won’t be complete.)
- Successfully wear pants.
- (Did you know I’ve never worn pants to work?)
- (Not once.)
- (This is mainly because pants don’t fit on my body.)
- (Silly body.)
- (But given the malaria concerns, my mom was rather insistent, so I spend a rather un-enjoyable day last weekend tracking down some jeans.)
- (Wish me luck.)
- Take as many photos as humanly possible.
- (This won’t be hard, as I already do so in daily life.)
I’d have more goals, but I try and keep my expectations manageable.
Plus, less goal time means more penguin time.
I’m hoping to read all the classics on the plane rides
So will probably spend the time alternatively reading Wired and rewatching Coupling on my ipod
Fingers crossed for plane cookies,
MeganAfrica Bound – Penguin Dreams and Not Being Murdered Wishes