Hi! Skye here.
It has long been my dream to hijack Megan’s blog for a day, but I suffer from a very severe case of laziness/procrastination.
(It’s just one of the many reasons we’re friends.)
Did you know that Sunday (December 9) was Megan’s 27th birthday?
(You might have known that on Sunday if I’d finished this post on time, but let’s not think about that.)
In honor of this occasion, I’m sharing some of my very favorite things about Megan!
1. She shares her family with me.
(Clearly I owe her, and therefore I will not complain about the many coats of paint I will help slather on her many, many walls.)
3. She came to doctor’s appointments and treatments with me when I had cancer.
(By the way, you readers were amazing in your comments on those posts. Thank you so, so much for your kind words. I still go back and read them.)
4. She documents my life for me, both on this blog and in her amazing Project Life album.
Because I’m even lazier and more behind at my own documentation.
5. There are so many things Megan has brought to my life that now I can’t imagine living without.
And one-day NYC road trips.
And New Year’s parties.
And being friends with Sharon.
And being friends with Lindsey, Anna, Jeff, and Meredith. (Yep, I stole all those friends, too.)
6. Finally, Megan and I share many strange habits and phobias, such as checking under the bed for murderers, avoiding death on bridges, and giving each other our passwords in case we die.
(Therefore allowing me to write this post.)
(Although I still had some issues logging in, explaining why this post was not up on Megan’s actual birthday and why I had to send her an embarrassing email ruining the surprise. Sigh.)
I’m not sure whether this has ever been shared, but during the fall of our senior year of high school, we decided to take out a senior ad together in the yearbook. Except we hadn’t been friends long enough to rack up a list of inside jokes, so we just made them up.
I can’t believe we’ve known each other for almost ten years! Megan, I hope you had a very happy birthday. I love you!
I also love that she has a tag called “Skye Rocks My Socks”
What’s your favorite thing about Megan?